The World Class New Zealand Awards recognise successful New Zealanders who enhance the reputation of the nation on the world stage by being truly world class.
These awards are one of New Zealand's most important accolades for Kiwis who have made a significant contribution and an opportunity to celebrate New Zealand's international achievements.
This year a new category, 'Friend of New Zealand', has been introduced to recognise non-Kiwis who act as ambassadors promoting and celebrating New Zealand on the world stage.
‘World Class’ individuals are those individuals who:
• facilitate the exchange of information, knowledge or skills from and
about New Zealand
• foster New Zealand innovation and entrepreneurship
• act as a role model on the world stage
• promote New Zealand internationally, and
• build global connections with New Zealand.
If you know someone who is leading by example in helping to support Kiwi enterprise internationally, please put their name forward.
Award categories are:
• Friend of New Zealand
• New Thinking
• Creative Industries
• Finance, Investment & Business Services
• Information & Communications Technology
• Research, Science, Technology & Academia
You can also nominate a supreme winner who may come from outside of these categories.
Successful people who have made an outstanding contribution to New Zealand's economic development are eligible for nomination, whether they live at home or abroad
Nominations Close 15 October 2009
The Awards will be presented at a black-tie gala dinner in Auckland on 24 March 2010.
For full details and a nomination form Click here
Please email enquiries to: email@example.com
The World Class New Zealand Awards are presented by Kea, with support from New Zealand Trade and Enterprise.